Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Quote

















Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share a quick quote.

This quote from the book The Beginnings of a Life of Prayer by Archimandrite Irenei is incredibly beautiful and profound. The monastic life is a very unique and wonderful calling. When first looking into Orthodoxy, I was impacted by the ascetic-type lifestyle it encouraged. In a way, all Christians are called to be monastic, to take on Christ's identity as much as we are able. This is not a simple task but one that God is faithful to help us achieve.

"Christianity is a life rooted in Christ's own. Its charge is not to live for self but to live for Christ; and its goal is not satisfaction but transformation. The Christian is called to become, to enter into a newness of life that is another's - that is Christ's. He is to discover the "self" of his current existence, precisely so that he can work to change it into a life not defined by his will, but defined and made real by another - by God Himself. The life in Christ is a life transformation into a new man. It is a life that works toward resurrection, when the body of this death shall pass away and the glorified man will know the Lord of Glory."

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." - Gal. 2:20

Love, love, love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment